The Art, business, and Creativity conference is a gathering of creatives across Africa. It is aimed at equipping and empowering creatives across Africa to enhance their skills, build an authentic body of work and thriving businesses so that they can impact their world with their distinct gifts and talents leading to a meaningful shift in the role creatives play in the transformation of Africa.
1) Create an avenue for discussions that spans beyond just the technical know-how or skills so that Creatives become better business leaders.
2) Empower creatives across Africa to enhance their skills, build an authentic body of work and thriving businesses so that they can impact their world with their distinct gifts and talents leading to a meaningful shift in the role creative play in the transformation of Africa.
3) Equip creatives on how to train their minds to see and take advantage of new opportunities in the emerging decade whilst leveraging on existing assets
4) Help creatives understand the power of collaborations and consistent personal development as a winning strategy in the emerging decade
5) Help creatives to deal with Imposter Syndrome, Creative Block and Lack of confidence
6) Understand the value of the work we do so that they are better positioned to build an authentic body of work that is meaningful and fulfilling
Yagazie Eguare is a renowned professional photographer, the creative force behind Gazmadu Studios, an educator and a leader within the photography industry who is changing the narrative of photography in Africa through her timeless works of art and trailblazing education platform for African creatives.
She is the lead creative and founder of Gazmadu Studios – a premium award-winning photography company that specialises in timeless portraits, documentary photography for weddings, documentary films for individuals and corporate organisations including comprehensive education resources for creatives and a photography community. Members of this community benefit from a wide array of exclusive opportunities covering live trainings, courses, events, resources, coaching and mentorship.
Through her work and creative prowess, she is committed to ensuring individuals see their true essence, building lasting relationships, and celebrating beauty and love through timeless
photographs. Over the course of her career as a professional photographer, she has been known for capturing images that helps people feel seen, loved, and celebrated. This journey began in 2012, when she answered her calling to photography even though she was a trained Doctor of Optometry at the time. Driven by this calling and an opportunity provided by the Future Enterprise Support Scheme (TFESS), Yagazie closed her chapter as an optometrist to start a new adventure as a full-time photographer in 2014. Since then, she has risen to become one of the most recognizable portrait photographers in the creative industry in Nigeria attracting premium clients of different nationalities.
Her unique portrait style is enabling thousands of clients to change the way they see themselves so they recognise the endless possibilities of what they can do, have, or become. But her passion to change people’s lives through photography transcends her breath-taking images, eye for detail and avant-garde skills behind the camera.
Drawing on her breadth of experience from building an internationally recognised photography brand, Yagazie is also on a mission to elevate the perspectives people have on photography in Africa and the value and contribution of creatives of African descent. This is why she founded the Gazmadu Education platform – a trailblazing education platform equipping and empowering creatives across Africa to enhance their skills and build successful, thriving businesses so they can impact the world with their distinct gifts and talents. Her education platform has impacted over 7000 photographers till date.